How To Wash A Turkish Towel Without Damaging It
Soft, absorbent, lightweight and MORE! Turkish towels are conquering the world and we are not complaining! We simply LOVE them.
The great news is that Turkish towels are known to be very durable, in fact they are known to get softer, fluffier and more absorbent with every wash!
These super-towels remain full of delicacy and require specialized care to keep them at their best.
Fortunately, cleaning and caring for these towels is pretty straightforward.
Washing your towel for the first time:
While your new Turkish towel will arrive soft, we still recommend washing before the first use, this will allow the long cotton fibers to open up and make the towel extra absorbent. All you have to do is soak your towel in cold water for about 12 hours, wring it out and hang it to dry.
How to wash your towels regularly:
- Machine wash on delicate / gentle cycle with cold water or up to 30℃
- Air Dry or Tumble Dry on low heat, in a gentle cycle.
What you should avoid when washing your Turkish Towel:
- Don’t use more than ½ cup of detergent (too much soap can make cotton based fabric stiff and scratchy)
- Don’t use bleach or fabric softener
- For extra freshness, use between ½ - 1 cup of white vinegar when washing your towels. The white vinegar will eliminate excess soap from your towels, as well as eliminate odors and help preserve the colors. (We recommend doing this once a month)